Friday, May 26, 2017

Elektro-Helios TT1168 washing machine drum not turning or intermittently and no motor sound

There may be many reasons for drum not to turn. The motor brushes may be worn, the belt may be broken (although you would hear the motor spin if this is the case).

In my case the problem was the relays on the motor control board which control the motor direction. I tested this by starting a program then turn the drum few times manually clockwise. After that, I heard two clicks from the relays and then machine managed to rotate the drum counter-clockwise. Then I heard two clicks again and it waited for me to turn it clockwise. This told me that for some reason the relays did not work for one direction. Then I checked behind the board to see what was going oin,

The control board is on the right lower side of the machine
You can simply pull it up to remove it from its place. You will need to remove all the connectors to look behind the board.
I found out that one of the pins of the relay were burned off from the pad.
I cleaned up with dry electronics cleaner and there was enough pad left to reconnect it safely. If there was not enough pad, I was ready to setup a jumper connection.
This is what it looked like after cleaning and resoldering the relay pin. Nice and shiny!


No comments:

Post a Comment